In this millennium we are developing a world community devoted to higher awareness and optimal health. We are questioning the wisdom of high-tech genetically engineered foods. We are returning to good old-fashioned whole foods.
A healthy mother equals a healthy baby. An investment made in healthy living during pregnancy creates benefits that the baby will reap for his or her entire life.
I urge mothers in this country to take advantage of the availability of organic grains and produce. It’s a shame these wholesome foods are more costly. However consider it an investment in your family’s health. What does poor health really cost? Clearly a bundle.
- Drink plenty of pure water.
- Eat organic foods, especially leafy greens to build an iron-rich blood supply.
- Eat an organic source of protein morning and evening. Vegetarians can do this.
- Pay attention to getting enough vitamins and minerals. Growing a baby is a full-time job; love your body and she’ll do that job well.
- For your growing baby’s optimum brain development, be sure to eat foods rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6 oils. Sardines are an inexpensive food, gathered in the deep waters of the ocean and therefore less polluted, as well as rich in Omega 6. Flax oil is a good vegetarian source of Omega 3. If you don’t eat fish, generously splash flax oil on your food, daily.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Balance rest with activity. A nice walk in the woods hand in hand with your baby’s father is a powerful medicine.
- Seek fantastic, regular prenatal care from a health provider who is keen on nutrition and respects your values.
- Avoid pollutants and any negative influence.
- Meditate, pray, love, dance and sing.